SAFSF envisions a world in which food and agricultural systems enhance and sustain the well-being of people, animals, and our planet—now and into the future. Our mission is to amplify the impact of philanthropic and investment communities in support of just and sustainable food and agriculture systems. The active involvement of our members helps us in our work to create a vibrant, healthy food system.
Benefits of SAFSF Membership
• Networking, knowledge-sharing and collaboration with SAFSF peers;
• Access to fellow members and network data;
• Special member-only calls and activities;
• Discounted registration fees for all SAFSF events, including Annual Forum and Policy Briefing;
• Access to an audience of other funders and NGOs;
• Ability to help shape the SAFSF agenda and work plan; and
• Eligibility to participate on the Steering Committee.
The missions of our members should be in alignment with SAFSF’s own values of collaboration, equity, respect, stewardship, and integrity: http://www.safsf.org/who/.
We welcome those organizations and individuals that:
• Use grantmaking or investment as a core strategy to fulfill their mission;
• Make grants or invest more than $50,000 annually;
• Share SAFSF’s goal of increasing funding and viability for sustainable agriculture and food system organizations and enterprises. Related efforts might include: land preservation, public health, social or worker justice, pesticide use reduction, food security, water, nutrition, climate change, global trade policies, biodiversity, and so forth;
• Support relationship-building, knowledge-sharing, and collaborative enterprise within SAFSF’s framework;
• Share perspectives and expertise with SAFSF colleagues;
• Provide financial support for SAFSF, its programs and initiatives; and
• Show an interest in enhancing the reputation of and expanding opportunities for SAFSF.
Participation in SAFSF events and committees is open to all individual donors, executive and program staff, and members of the Board of grantmaking or investment organizations. Development or fundraising staff are not permitted to participate in SAFSF events or to subscribe to our listserv.
Interpretation of these criteria is at the discretion of the SAFSF Steering Committee. The Steering Committee also reserves the right to review a member’s fulfillment of these criteria at any time. Members may not use their participation in SAFSF for promotional purposes or for private gain. SAFSF reserves the right to deny membership or remove a member if an applicant or member’s actions reflect poorly on the field and might harm SAFSF’s reputation. Lawsuits, federal or state investigations, consumer boycotts, or other significant actions against an applicant, member, or affiliated organization would raise such concern.